Partial Risk Transfer
Settle a portion of a plan’s liabilities through an annuity buyout.
Full Risk Transfer
Settle your plan liabilities through an annuity buyout.
Buyout transactions can be made in cash or subject to any required regulatory approval by a transfer of assets-in-kind (AIK).
- Transfer of a portion of your company’s plan to the issuing MetLife insurance company1 — permanently
- Reduction in plan size
- Elimination of most investment, interest rate, longevity and early retirement risks associated with the transferred portion of your company’s plan
- Absorption of ongoing costs associated with the transferred portion of your company’s plan — including administration and investment costs — by the issuing MetLife insurance company1
Our Full Risk Transfer solution offers:
- Transfer of your company’s plan in its entirety to the issuing MetLife insurance company1 — permanently
- Elimination of most volatility and risks associated with your company’s plan
- Reassignment of your company’s obligations associated with the plan to the issuing MetLife insurance company1
- Removal of ongoing costs such as administration, investment and PBGC premium costs
AIK transfers benefit your company by:
- Potentially reducing the premium
- Reducing the need to liquidate significant portions of plan assets, which can lead to:
- Asset Liability Management (ALM) mismatches
- Material transaction costs
- A drag on portfolio returns or yields pre-closing
- Reducing risk during the transition period from current plan status to the insurer.
Meet the Team
Our commitment to you begins with our people. That’s why we support you with highly trained experts who are empowered to make a difference.
Celebrating a Century
Since 1921, MetLife has worked with companies on their de-risking journey while providing retiree financial security.
MetLife's Financial Strength
Our financial strength ratings are among the highest in the industry. See how the top financial ranking agencies have rated our financial stability.